The Galaxy Tab offers full support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for accessing Flash-enabled websites, watching video and playing games, and with built-in support for ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi, the Galaxy Tab’s portable screen is ideal for watching the latest movies and entertainment. You’ll enjoy access to Media Hub, Samsung’s own content service that offers an extensive library of acclaimed films and TV programming for rent and purchase. And AT&T data plan subscribers also get access to AT&T’s entire national Wi-Fi network at no additional charge.
Designed to fit in one hand, typing messages or notes is simple and easy with the Galaxy Tab’s virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology, which allows you to input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard. It’s outfitted with a rear-facing camera for photo capture and sharing as well as a front-facing camera for video chat. Other features include Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 16 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion (via optional cards up to 32 GB in size), HDMI video output (via optional dock), and up to 13 hours of battery power.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T’s HSPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Pre-loaded AT&T Account Manager for easy on-device activation and usage viewing.
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.2) with deep integration of Google services, access to thousands of apps via the Android Market, and support for Adobe Flash 10.1.
- 7-inch touchscreen display (1024 x 600 pixels, 16 million color depth) with 6-axis motion sensor and accelerometer.
- 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- Virtual keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you’re intending to type.
- Samsung Social Hub provides one stop for all your updates integrates all your social networking services, messages, personal and business e-mail, calendars and contacts.
- Samsung Media Hub provides entertainment on the go with the ability to download and view thousands of hit movies and TV shows via Wi-Fi or on AT&T’s Network. (Movies available for purchase or rental, TV shows available for purchase only). For a limited time, AT&T customers will receive a $50 Media Hub Movie Rental credit with Galaxy Tab purchases.
- GPS navigation enabled enables you to search for the closest coffee shop, or navigate to a specific address with a 3D map that moves with you.
- 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash captures still images and video that that can be edited, uploaded, and shared.
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- Multi-format media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files plus DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, and H.264 video files.
- Pre-loaded Barnes and Noble Nook e-reader links you to the Nook eReading Book Store for new purchases plus access to previously purchased titles.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. It’s compatible with new Bluetooth 3.0-enabled devices as well as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as headsets and printers. It includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- DLNA capabilities via AllShare allows you to wirelessly share stored music pictures, and HD video (720p) to other DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified home electronics including HDTVs, monitors, digital cameras, and printers.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Support for personal and corporate e-mail